Friday, April 17, 2009

Saviours


This is my first post, so I should start at the start but I won't. I'll start at the top... so it's all downhill from here.

The biggest thing to happen to me in the last few years was the film Saviours. I made it with another documentary guy called Liam Nolan and it has played at festivals around the world, winning a few awards and generally getting some very kind and generous responses. Thanks to everyone who went to see it.

Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kon_pNs5VXg&feature=channel_page

The film was released in Irish Cinemas in October 2008 by the lovely Siobhan Farrell in Eclipse Pictures and some people gave us some very pleasant reviews. My personal favourite was the Sunday Tribune. Actually, at the end of the year they also declared the film 'Best Irish Film Of 2008'. So, basically, I think the Sunday Tribune is great!

Here's the review they gave us:

http://www.tribune.ie/arts/films/article/2008/oct/05/film-of-the-week-saviours/

Finally, and most importantly, the film could not have happened without the incredible support of the Irish Film Board and the encouragement of Alan Maher and Patrick O'Neill. Thanks fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment